Assistance League® of Bend is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that has been making a difference to vulnerable children and adults that are dealing with poverty, homelessness, and cancer in Deschutes County for 30 years. Our community-based philanthropic programs include:
- Operation School Bell®, our signature program providing new clothing and shoes for children.
- Hats, Hats, Hats delivers handcrafted hats, “knitted knockers,” and comfort shawls to cancer patients.
- Senior Caring generates personal care items, holiday gifts and special occasion greeting cards for low-income seniors in long-term care that have little or no family.
- Breakfast with Santa giving a special breakfast with Santa to foster children and their families.
- Cinderella’s Closet our local high school girls borrow formal wear for their proms.