Assistance League® of Bend is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that has been making a difference to vulnerable children and adults that are dealing with poverty, homelessness, and cancer in Central Oregon for over 30 years. Our community-based philanthropic programs include:
- Operation School Bell®, is our signature program providing new clothing, shoes, and books for school-age children.
- Hats & More delivers handcrafted hats, “knitted knockers” and comfort shawls to cancer patients.
- Senior Caring generates personal care items, holiday gifts and special occasion greeting cards for low-income seniors in long-term care that have little or no family.
- Cinderella’s Closet provides local high school students formal dresses for school events.
- These Kids are Cook’n offers four-week cooking and nutrition classes to low-income students in Title 1-A schools.