OUT Central Oregon promotes inclusivity, visibility, and advocacy for LGBTQ+ people and our allies by enabling community engagement within the social, cultural, and economic landscape of Central Oregon. By developing and building partnerships between businesses, government agencies, and other nonprofit organizations, we promote and support the well-being of the LGBTQ+ community and our allies.
The LGBTQ+ community is growing and thriving in Central Oregon. OUT Central Oregon has become an information and resource hub for the LGBTQ+ community, helping to establish Central Oregon as welcoming and fostering a vibrant LGBTQ+ culture and community.
Highlights of some recent activities are included below:
- Annual production of Winter PrideFest, the only multi-day and multi-event celebration of inclusivity in the outdoors in the PNW, with approximately 1,200 attendees in 2023
- Created and produced the inaugural “Halloween Youth Night” in 2022, which continued in 2023
- Produced a panel discussion primarily related to Trans and Non-Binary health topics, Queer civil rights, and LGBTQ+ housing during June Pride 2023
- Produced an LGBTQ+ Social Mixer during June Pride 2023
- Distributed over 75,000 YOU ARE WELCOME HERE progress pride flag stickers to individuals, businesses, school districts, and cities/towns at no cost
- Assist other LGBTQ+-focused organizations and their initiatives by providing paid promotion, social media outreach social media marketing, and inclusion of their events on our Community Events calendar
- Support of multiple other LGBTQ+-focused or related organizations, both financial and in-kind
Your donation will:
- Provide critical funding needed for OUT Central Oregon to continue to serve our LGBTQ+ community currently facing significant challenges
- Expand Winter PrideFest 2024 with new community events not included in previous festivals
- Continue our YOU ARE WELCOME HERE sticker program to provide Central Oregonians an opportunity to increase visible support for the LGBTQ+ community